Sunday, February 1, 2015

W1D1

Today's PSA: Put grippies on the floor of your shower/tub.

This morning I had a little bit of an accident. While reaching for my towel after showering, I slipped and fell. Luckily I had no major damage other than a badly bruised elbow and ego. It's feeling a little bit better this afternoon than this morning so we'll see if it has any effect on my ability to lift weights this week.

In better news, today was Week 1 Day 1 (W1D1) of C25K. I was originally planning to run tomorrow but with another winter storm coming, I needed to go today to stay on track for this week.

The first running segment took quite a bit of effort to get through but I was happy that each interval got a little easier. I tried to focus on my effort level instead of trying to run a set distance each time.

Last time around I tried to push myself to run X number of miles and I often would burn myself out too quickly. Also I was focusing too much on trying to lose a certain number of pounds every week. While that may work for some, I really want to focus on feeling good. That means pushing myself when I know I can take the extra pressure and taking it easier when I am overdoing it.

I'm hoping to see the same succuss I got a few years ago but I know I've been told many many times how our bodies don't act the same after having kids. So we'll see how that factors into this whole thing.

Hakuna matata!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome that you're only up to your old weight after pregnancy. I totally get why it's discouraging to you, though. I started out about 10 lbs under my all-time high weight when I got pregnant with Benjamin. Which was about 15 lbs over my "normal" weight. (Fertility drugs really screwed with my weight - one round of them started a weight-gaining spree that lasted about 6 months. And I wasn't even pregnant. :P) Ended up gaining 40-45 lbs that pregnancy. Dropped all of it by 4-5 months out doing nothing but nursing. I lost another 10 lbs before getting pregnant with Naomi, which basically put me back where I started before fertility drugs. I ended up gaining 35-40 lbs with that pregnancy. Lost about 15 lbs fairly quickly...and the rest will just not go. Scale just does not want to budge, and I'm basically still in maternity clothes. Soooo frustrating. So yeah, babies can really do a number on you! Naomi is still nursing, so I have to be careful not to exercise too much or eat too little. I never had milk supply issues with Benjamin, but I think my recent increase in exercise and insufficient hydration is causing some issues. I think *maybe* the scale has started to move in the last week, but only time will tell if it's a real change.

    Obviously I've started blog-stalking...don't be surprised to see more comments on old posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete