Saturday, February 7, 2015

Series of misfortunate events

As much as I was dying to go running yesterday, I was just as disappointed after I completed my run. It was one of those runs that just wasn't going right in any way.

Issue #1 was the combination of my alarm going off at the end of my warm up, my phone being buried under two layers, and having thick snow gloves on. By the time I turned off my alarm, I had missed my audio cue to begin running on my C25K app.

Issue #2 was bringing my dog. Don't get me wrong, I love my dog and I would love for him to go running with me, if he would only not try to run at full speed in the middle of the road.

Trying to rein him in so he wouldn't get hit by a car was so distracting that I was breathing wrong and my form was terrible. As a result, I was completely out of breath and couldn't run for more than 20 seconds at a time.

Issue #3 was my stupid headphones. I only put them in one ear and tuck the other earbud into my bra strap. Well somehow it got untucked so my arm kept getting tangled. Eventually all that tangling caused it to fall out of my ear entirely which again caused me to miss another running cue.

My underwear was also scratching my hip. 

So with all of that, I came home more annoyed and stressed than when I left.  Total disappointment after an entire afternoon of anticipation. Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment