Friday, February 13, 2015

Bring on the veggies

For the past several days, Hubby and I have been watching a number of documentaries on Netflix realting to healthier eating. Each of these films focuses on reducing the amount of refined sugars and processed foods and focusing more on eating a whole food, plant based diet. Our watch list includes:

Hungry for Change
Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (1 & 2)
Forks Over Knives

By the way, I highly reccomend watching any one of these if you need some motivation to start eating healthier. What I like about these films is that they focus on the health benefits of eating more fruits and vegetables and don't focus so much on being vegan because animals are treated poorly or eating organic because of pesticides, GMOs, etc. I'm not saying that isn't happening in the world and that it's not important, but really for me that is not a motivating factor at this time to change my eating habits.

I like meat and dairy. I refuse to entirely give up meat and dairy. I also can't afford to eat entirely organic. I do however think I need to turn my current food habits upside down and eat mainly plant based foods and only have meat and dairy sparingly.

Hubby and I have both struggled with our weight and several medical conditions, especially the last couple of years. We decided to jump in together and get our eating habits in check. Starting Monday (2/16), Hubby and I will be doing a diet reboot. (Check out the plans here!)

Tomorrow we go shopping and our grocery list is huge! Hopefully my fridge is big enough to hold all this produce.

Hakuna matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment