Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Email filters

In case you weren't already aware, I am a very introverted person. It takes me a million drafts to write something out (including each of these blog posts) and I never know what to say in fear of embarrasing myself.

I have been wanting to join one of the local running groups for a while now but have been afraid to reach out to them. Today I sent the following email to the Manchester Running Company (MRC):
Hi, my name is Jennifer. I came across your website while trying to find a local running group. I only recently started running but wanted to find some local people that I can keep up with to help me get better. Thanks!
But what I really meant was:
Hi, my name is Jennifer. I came across your website while trying to find a local running group. I only recently started running so needless to say I really suck at it. This is assuming that my waddling down the street at a snail's pace for only 30 seconds at a time can actually be classified as running. In fact, my walking may be faster than my 'running'. Please help me if at all possible even though I am probably beyond saving at this point.

I wanted to find some local people that are as slow as I am to help me feel better about myself while not being horribly embarrased by those who can run under 7 minutes per mile. Also I'm shy so it's taking me an hour to (re)write this email in a way that makes sense to you and doesn't make me look like a complete fool or noob. Does anyone use that term anymore?

Assuming that you even respond to my email, I may or may not show up to the first running practice depending on how intimidating you all look from my car all the way across the parking lot. Thanks!
Hakuna matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment