Wednesday, February 18, 2015

So 'beet' it, but you wanna be bad

Another shopping trip behind us. I'm pretty sure I spend all night in the kitchen making my food for today. But the good news is that now I have lunches done for the rest of the week. Today's breakfast, snack, and lunch include:


An important lesson also came out of yesterday's food prep: Wear gloves while peeling beets otherwise it looks like you were finger painting. My hand is better today but definitely still has a noticeable magenta tone to it. Hubby can do his own beet peeling from now on. Now I understand why beet juice makes such a great natural food coloring!


There was a lot of temptations at work today. We had a celebration breakfast for a few new people to our department as well as celebrating a few birthdays. It was so difficult to walk past all the bagels, muffins, and pastries that I previously would have filled my plate with (and probably my lunch plate too). But I was good and only had a few strawberries and pieces of pineapple.



Hakuna Matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment