Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pes Anserinus Tendon

In other words, my knees really hurt. Specifically, my lower inner knee. I could hardly run last night. My running was more like an awkward shuffle. I probably should have cut my run short, but when do I ever listen to myself at the right time? I'm not sure whether it's bursitis or tendonitis but I do know that something is up with my pes anserius.


Well according to this website, pes anserine bursitis [or tendonitis] can be caused by:
  • Repetitive activities
  • Incorrect sports training techniques, such as a lack of stretching, sudden increases in run distances, or too much uphill running
  • Obesity
  • Osteoarthritis of the knee
  • Incorrect positioning of the knee (an "angling out" of the lower leg)
  • Turning the leg sharply with the foot planted on the ground
  • Injury, such as a direct hit to the leg
  • Tight hamstring muscles
  • A tear in the cartilage of the knee
  • Flat feet
Guilty of probably 6 out of 9. I was doomed from the beginning. I iced my knees last night and I'm taking ibuprofen all day today. I'm also trying to stretch my hips, hamstrings, and quads as much as I can. Hopefully stretching and strengthening my leg muscles will help speed up recovery.

Hakuna matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment