Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bilbo Baggypants

I feel weird today. It's one of those Feel-Good-One-Moment-And-Then-Sucky-The-Next kind of days.

Today I'm wearing a pair of slacks that I couldn't even squeeze into a few months ago. You would think that would feel great, right? Well it does in a sense, knowing that clothing that was once too small is now almost falling off your hips.

However, they are so loose and baggy that I don't feel... what's the word I'm looking for... attractive? fashionable? Smokin' hot? I feel like one of those people on What Not to Wear with their clothes that obviously don't fit their body size/shape.
Now I'm sure you're thinking for me to just go out and buy new pants, and normally I would agree with you if I knew this was the size I was staying at. I've already bought two new pairs and I don't exactly have the financial means to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe every time I drop a size. I'm saving that for my goal weight. So I kind of have to deal with what I have until they really do start falling off my hips.

So I guess I'm just ranting about how wishy-washy I feel today. Do I feel good that I'm losing weight and getting smaller? Of course. Do I feel as awkward wearing pants that are too big as I did when they were too small? Yeah kind of. C'est la vie.

Hakuna matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment