Friday, April 20, 2012

Better than last year. . . mostly

Last night was the last week of competitive bowling for the league that I'm in. The lanes were as slick as an eel so there was not a lot of movement out there.

For you non-bowlers that means that the lanes were very oily and our balls couldn't grip the lane and curve the way they are supposed to. No movement = flat pin action. I was lucky to make average 2 games.

But the final standings for the year are as follows...

Team Achievements
  • Our team came in 11th out of 14 overall. We had a rough couple of weeks toward the end there. This was the one category that we did not improve this year. We were in 10th last year.
  • 2nd for team scratch game (599). We were in first up until last week... Got beat out by 3 pins. Darn.
  • 1st for team handicap game (791)
  • 2nd for team handicap series (2143)
Personal Achievements
  • Highest women's average (156.93)
  • Highest women's scratch game (221)
  • Highest women's scratch series (638)
  • Highest women's handicap game (284)
  • Highest women's handicap series (821)
  • 2nd women's most improved bowler (+10.93)
So basically I'm just that awesome. Kidding. I just have really good games followed by really bad games. I need to work on my consistency. Here are some other important stats for my two teammates:

Sam and Jon's Achievements
  • 2nd for women's scratch game (214)
  • 2nd for women's handicap game (283)
  • Women's most improved bowler (+14.12)
  • Men's most improved bowler (+17.6)
So congrats to them too!! Next week is just a fun week where we goof off and play for fun and then we have our banquet in May.

It will be nice to have my Thursday nights back for a while but I will definitely miss seeing some of my favorite people over the summer. But I expect to get lots of practice in so we can get even better for next year. We need to live up to our team name! Yes, our team name actually is "Better Than Last Year"...

Hakuna matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment